Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: INTRODUCING: New navigation on the IMDb website!.
Hi BT Dulin,
Very sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you answer the questions below to help us investigate?
1. What device, operating system, browser and browser version are you using?
2. Do you have any ad blockers turned on? If so, have you tried turning off and playing video?
3. Is this happening from a particular URL - if so can you share the link?
4. Is this happening consistently for any/all videos you try to play on the site?
5. When you see the black screen - is there any info visible at all? Does clicking on the screen do anything?
Thank you in advance for any/all insight you can provide.
Hello and thanks for the reply. Let me answer your questions as best I can.
1. I am using a Lenovo C540 desktop using Win 8 - all updates etc... I am using IE 11 (do not tell me to switch to Chrome)
2. I only have my IE settings for pop up blockers. No additional ad blockers.
3. As an example of URL. - I selected a movie preview from the homepage and this is the URL I am directed to.
On the top of the page is the search bar (now in white), the IMDB drop down menu, the watchlist link, my user name.
Below this is a large grey/black space - center aligned with nothing inside (borders in black)
At the bottom there is a small poster of the preview I selected (left aligned in play box)
A line " What We Know About..."
A share symbol
Below that some further information and links - seems like the normal content that you have placed there.
But nothing happens in the vid play screen. Just stays black.
4. I have tried every kind or direction to get the vid to play. I can search a title from the search bar and get the page, then select the link to play a vid from that page but I get the same screen as described with no playback. I can select a preview from the main page, again directed to the play page but nothing happens. Any link from any page (on IMDB) directs me to the same vid play page but nothing plays. Videos on FB or YouTube play just fine.
I have tried clicking the open space, right click to get play options.....nothing works.
Please let me know if you can fix this. Great Thanks.
It will look like this: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur12345678
Hello Jack, here is the link to requested page.