My contribution is wrong, how can i cancel it? Contribution #190610-110917-951000

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
Contribution #190610-110917-951000 upon watching more of the film I understand. I now need to stop the contribution as it is incorrect.
Photo of liz emms

liz emms

  • 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • Like a wally

Posted 5 months ago

  • 1
Photo of MAthePA


  • 2063 Posts
  • 3494 Reply Likes
Hi, liz emms.

You can not stop a submitted contribution to be processed, but it's great that here you let the editors know they may ignore those data.

Thank you
Photo of motley_moth


  • 21 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
If you catch an error soon enough, within 24 hours or so, you can submit it again correctly with a note explaining that this submission is a correction of your earlier incorrect submission. Be sure to include the 18-digit Contribution number of the earlier incorrect submission in your note, and clearly explain the error. Both submissions will usually land on the managers desk at the same time, and the manager will know to ignore the earlier incorrect submission. After 24 hours, wait for it to completely go through processing. If it's accepted, then correct it. If it's rejected, then resubmit it correctly.
Photo of GMJ

GMJ, Champion

  • 3173 Posts
  • 5616 Reply Likes
As mentioned by motley_moth, you can post a message with your 18-digit reference number here on the Get Satisfaction site. 

You can also file a report through the IMDb Contact Us form.

In both cases, you should receive a response from an IMDb representative within 24 hours.
(Get Satisfaction: A reply to your message here.
Contact Us form: A message to your email account.)

I hope this helps.
Photo of Will

Will, Official Rep

  • 4013 Posts
  • 5188 Reply Likes
Hi Liz,

Thanks for letting us know, I've caught this one now and rejected it.

Photo of liz emms

liz emms

  • 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thank you x