Matt Bianco - nm2091619
Mark Reilly - nm1943177
There is some duplication between the above entries.
There are three issues that, in my opinion, need addressing:
1. Matt Bianco has two credits under ‘Self: TV’ with the attribute ‘Himself’. These should be changed to reflect to ‘Themselves’, like the rest of the credits in this section. Matt Bianco is a band, not an individual.
2. There are two credits that appear on both entries.
“Top of the Pops” (1964–2018)
- Episode dated 30 June 1988 - tt0730860
- Episode dated 15 November 1984 - tt0730689
Each of the above episodes has a credit for both Matt Bianco and Mark Reilly.
- Matt Bianco is credited as ‘Themselves’.
- Mark Reilly is credited ‘Himself (as Matt Bianco)’.
I believe the Mark Reilly credits should be deleted, as
- they effectively duplicate the Matt Bianco credits.
- Mark Reilly did not receive an individual credit for either episode
Leaving the Mark Reilly credit is similar to having a credit for Queen on a “Top of the Pops” episode and also crediting Brian May, John Deacon, Roger Taylor and Freddie Mercury as well, all with the attribute “Himself (as Queen)”.
(Note: There are also other entries in the screenshots above that could be deleted for the same reason.)
3. Mark Reilly has 14 credits in total, including individual episodes. Of these, 11 have the attribute ‘Himself (as Matt Bianco)’.
Mark Reilly is the one consistent member of Matt Bianco throughout its history and is the musical driving force. However, during that time he also had major collaborators in the band – Basia (nm1634846), Danny White, Mark Fisher. Matt Bianco was not a one-man band, until around 2017.
Mark Reilly and Matt Bianco should be treated like Jeff Tweedy and Wilco. Wilco is definitely Jeff Tweedy’s band, but the credits for each are separate. There are no credits for Jeff Tweedy with the attribute, ‘Himself (as Wilco)’.
There are instances of a band on IMDB being credited as a single performer/ member of the band, but these are mostly when the band itself has no IMDB entry.
The entries for ‘Mark Oliver Everett’ and ‘The Eels’ are an exception to this, but those entries are quite messy and in need of similar editing, in my opinion.
I would suggest that the entries where Mark Reilly is credited ‘Himself (as Matt Bianco)’ be deleted and these credits assigned to Matt Bianco.