Help me fix my name!

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered

I was an extra (background actor) in a movie many years ago, and just noticed that my name is mispelled under "The Cast" section. How do I go about to fix this?

Printed: P.J. Phonangdara
Correct Spelling: P. Johnny Phouangdara

Please help. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Photo of Johnny Phouangdara

Johnny Phouangdara

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of cartman_1337


  • 422 Posts
  • 564 Reply Likes
Open on a computer, log in with your IMDB account, open your name page and then click the Edit page button at the bottom of the listing. From the list of available fields to correct select "Name correction or merge" at the top, and choose "Add correction" in the drop down box next to it, and click the Continue button at the bottom of the page. Follow the instructions to correct your name the way it should be.

I'm not sure it will go through, though. If you are actually credited as P.J. Phonangdara in the movie credits then your credit is considered correct, especially as it is your only credit. If your name change does not go through you can add your Birth Name under Biographical Information instead, from the same list of available fields to edit as I mentioned above.