I don't know how to make this change, so if someone can fix it, that would be nice!
I also agree that the image you suggest should become the poster would remind those who've seen the episode which one it is, since the yellow spray paint is a key plot device.
Hopefully an IMDb staffer will read this and act, because the only other way I know to request such a change is through the Contact form, and plead the case as done already here.
A "poster" image can be displayed in the top left of the title page - otherwise known as a "primary" poster. You are able to submit more than one poster to a title, but can only have 1 'primary' poster at a time. Your choice should strike a good balance between the following criteria:
- Movies: The most iconic and widely-recognized poster, of the best image quality. English language posters are preferred if available, although we may exercise editorial discretion to override this in some special cases.
- Episodes: Still frame of acceptable quality which best represents the episode's plot or key characters in that episode.
- TV Series: The most iconic and widely-recognized poster, preferably from the original airing of the first season. The poster should be of the best image quality. English language posters are preferred if available, although we may exercise editorial discretion to override this in some special cases.
The ONLY difference here is poster vs non poster. Pl;ease note the advice given as a whole. Especially the underlined describing replacing the existing image.
As I said, why waste staff time when you can do this yourself?
Modifying an existing primary poster
- Important: DO NOT ‘report’ the existing 'primary' poster – this image will automatically reorganize into the gallery as a non-primary poster.
- Important: Only images uploaded with the aforementioned type "Poster" are eligible to become posters - the type cannot be changed once the image is live.
- If the existing display poster is incorrect – you must request a new poster to replace the current image first. Submitting a request to delete the existing 'primary' poster, before the new one is live will result in your contribution being discarded.