I ask that whoever is in charge of the ideas and suggestions on GS seriously consider this. The quiz questions could be verified to be true so no incorrect information would get out there. I think it would be a very popular addition to the site and very fun for the users.
There have been various attempts to have a quiz section for IMDb. This is documentation on the latest attempt by the IMDb Technical Staff. Please note: the links in the document no longer work.
The New IMDb Quiz.docx
In principle, having a quiz section is a good idea. Unfortunately, there was not enough interest by prospective quiz authors in 2015 when this was proposed.
Disclaimer: If it is out of line to post a "petition" in GS, I am not aware of it. This is not meant to put pressure on the IMDb Rep; they can only do what they feel is necessary and possible.
This is a petition for IMDb to add a Quiz Section to their website, with quizzes contributed by users. As I understand it, this idea was brought a few years ago, but apparently scrapped due to low interest of quiz makers. If you are interested in authoring quizzes pertaining to movies, shows, music, celebrities, etc, please comment. Thank you.
It's like Who wants to be a Millionaire without the Millions
E.g. How the system is going to set the right questions in your area of interest, and not mixing it with Indian movies, Russian videogames, German series, Japanese celebrities...?
I am sympathetic to your suggestion. When the IMDb polls were removed from IMDb close to seven years ago, members of the IMDb Poll Message board on IMDb had to provide a business case for recreating the polls. The business case included showing that Poll Authors were willing and able to sustain poll creation: http://moviesdailypoll.blogspot.com/
Here are some considerations that IMDb needs to consider when implementing a new or recreating a feature.
1. Is there sufficient interest in the feature to justify the effort in creating the feature?
1a. Will there be sufficient interest in the future to justify creating the feature?
1b. Is there sufficient content to make the feature useful?
2. What resources will it take to create the feature?
2a. How much labor will it take to create the feature?
2b. How much labor will it to maintain the feature?
2c. How much processing time and storage will it take to implement and maintain the feature?
IMDb could should set up
and move all the Polls and Lists there
for Conversations: Questions | Ideas | Problems | Praise | Announcements
This would not take up space on IMDb computers
Still wanna do quizzes!
Guess the Action Movie by the First Line of Dialogue Spoken.
1. The castaways were always meeting other people on the island; sometimes doubles. Did Bob Denver ever play as both Gilligan and someone else?
2. How about Tina Louise (Ginger)?
3. Did Chuck Connors ever play two people on his show The Rifleman?
4. Did Craig T. Nelson ever play Hayden Fox and someone else on Coach?
5. Did Barbara Eden ever play two women on I Dream of Jeannie (excluding times she transformed herself to look like someone else)?
6. Did Melissa Gilbert ever play two people on Little House on the Prairie?
7. We all know Patty Duke played two little girls on her show, but did she ever play triple role?