Why does the VI25 transport not work with reason 8. You can edit the mapping but when I press the record button it does not stay in-pressed. Same with the loop button, I push it and it goes on but when I release the button it turns off. Probably going to return the VI25.
Thanks for your post. I'd like to help! These six buttons are dedicated buttons for sending conventional transport control commands: Rewind, Fast-Forward, Stop, Play, Loop, and Record.
You can use the VI Editor software to set each button to send MIDI CC messages to your Reason software. See the VI Editor's User Guide to learn how to do this.
Here are some really useful and helpful steps on how to get the VI series keyboards mapped to the transport for both PC and Mac computers.
1. Download and install the editor for your series controller from this link - click here.
2. Install the editor.
3. When you open, click the Option selection from the top and choose for Mac computers, INPUT – VI Editor OUT and OUTPUT – VI Editor In. If you are on a PC computer, please choose MIDIIN2(VI25) AND MIDIOUT2(VI25). Choose Apply from the box after making the selection.
4. Click where is says Main on the list that is beneath the picture of the keyboard.
5. Click on Get preset from hardware.
6. Click on the selection for Transport and change the CC number to this what is listed below.
Rewind – 114, Fast Forward 115, Stop – 116, Play – 117, Rec – 118
7. Next choose Send Preset to Hardware.
8. That's it! You have now updated your units transport to work in Reason.